Friday, April 1, 2011

Chapter 35 **********The final chapter

We arose about 6 am this morning in Starke FL.to beautiful weather and winds out of the west. I started riding about 8 am and we arrived in St. Augustine about 12:15pm . Probably the best weather and riding conditions of the whole trip happened today. Guess the saying save the best for last holds true. I'd like to make this my thank you chapter. First I'd like to thank the lord for seeing me safely across the country. Second I want to thank my wife for her support, epecially on the days where I probably wasn't the most pleasant person to be around. She is amazing and without her support I would have never achieved my dream. Third, I would like to thank the Williams family and my wife's family for all their love and support. Fourth, I would like everyone to know that everyday of this ride I felt my cousin Stephans' presence. His spirit carried me the whole distance. He was my calming agent when I'd get upset, my cheerleader when I'd get a little tired and down. My strength and courage when I felt a little weak and discouraged . His spirit lives on, as I knew it did and continues to do wonderful things. Fifth, Boo Maddox- who says you can't learn something from 7 year old boy- I sure have. Never give up. Sixth, but certainly not last to all my fellow workers, friends, and even strangers we met along the way- you all are amazing and thanks for your support, prayers and the communications throughout the past 5 weeks. A special thanks to everyone who was able to help Children's Miracle Network with pledges or donations. Your money is an investment in our future- the children, they are Gods most precious gift and they deserve all our love and support. Please take the time ASAP  and give yuour child a hugt and kiss and tell themj uyou love them- If they are no longer homje call them and let them know how much you love them. You just can't overdue the act of love. The last thought I would like to leave you withis as follows. Chase your dreams- Go and fulfill them- It will enrich your heart and make your soul overflow with joy.
Well , no more pictures, no more blogs, just me and Vargie, headin' home with 4 dogs.
We both want to say may God Bless and watch over all of you and we look forward to seeing everyone soon.
All our love and best wishes
Mike & Vargie
P.S
So what's on your BUCKET LIST??????

6 comments:

  1. Mike Willams you are truly an amazing person..You are a hero to many..I am so proud to know you and call you my friend..You have tought me so much..
    "CONGRATULATIONS"on accomplishing your goal!
    So whats next??
    I look forward to seeing both of you>>Barbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Mike! You're my hero...

    Joe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diane in San DiegoApril 2, 2011 at 6:54 AM

    Cheers from San Diego! I've been following you since I met Vargie and the dogs in Ocotillo, just on the other side of the mountains in California.
    I spread the word and a few others from around the country started reading your blog too.
    You really are an inspiration. I was beginning to feel my age and regrets at dreams I made in my 20's and never fulfilled.
    It's never too late for new dreams and new opportunities.
    Thank you for reminding me of that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well this blog was the frosting on my birthday cake :) I'm so amazed and proud of you MIKE! Vargie you were the best support team a guy could have!! Can't wait to see you guys. Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats, Mike! And you too Vargie! Safe journey home and look forward to seeing you soon. Mike M

    ReplyDelete
  6. Be aware that while some rim and tire packages are pricey, there are also some cheap rim and tire packages available.Tires Florida

    ReplyDelete