Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Chapt


 One state down 7 to go. Starting to work our way across AZ.now. We have completely left the agricultural areas now that we are riding away from the Colorado river. As I ride through the desert I'm wishing I had gotten a copy of "Everything you wanted to know about Cacti, but were afraid to ask". This is probably the warmest day so far, but it is hard to confirm this as we have not gone through a community large enough to have a legible thermometer. Leaving Blythe & Ehrenberg this morning I was actually riding on the freeway(interstate 10) for about 17 miles. Once I got back on hwy 60 it was so quit , traffic wise, that it was almost deafening. With the quiet ride I started to notice how everything in the desert struggles just to survive. It's Mother Natures way of reminding us just how precise life is.Went through a small community called Brenda, AZ. Had to take a picture of the sign for Brenda Webb, who works at Costco as a front end supervisor and who is a big contributor to C.M.N. We got to Augila today and for the first time I was able to ride  our actual agenda. Long pull tomorrow, over 120 miles through Phoenix and into Apache Junction.
Stay well and keep smilin
Love the picture????   :-))))))
Mike

5 comments:

  1. Hey Mike..LOVE the sign..It sounds like you are having a great time..It's off to work foe me..Stay safe & well..Barbie
    HI VARGIE!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw a quote today and thought of you!!
    "Believe in Yourself
    and all that You are.
    Know that there is
    something inside You
    that is Greater
    than any Obstacle"
    (Christian D. Larson)
    Ride on, Mike!
    SO very proud of you :)
    much love,
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mike, you don't know me, but I met your wife and dogs at Ocotillo. She gave me your blog address.
    I'll be following your adventures!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mike,
    You don't know us but we're following your journey every day. We love the photos...Keep pedaling! d:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mike, we are thinking of you every day. Hope this finds all well with you and Vargie. Calm, some sun and 33 degrees this morning at home. It is a lot of fun to watch your progress. Know you are in my thoughts and prayers.
    See you when you get back to work.
    Love
    Bobbie

    ReplyDelete