Sunday, March 13, 2011

Chapter 16

We left Fort Stockton about 9:00 am ( forgot about the time change), so in 3 days we have lost 2 hrs., one to daylight savings and one to the central time zone. If you went by the mileposts on 1-10, we are 365 miles into Texas. I don't know if that qualifies for " Deep in the heart of Texas" or not. I failed to mention yesterday that we met a nice couple from Michigan, They had a Golden Retriever and we had our four so we visited for a few minutes. They had bikes on their car rack and as I had lost a magnet on my spoke, they were kind enough to give us one of theirs. They also posted to the blog today and advised me of some upcoming hills ahead, many thanks to them and we hope you have a safe trip. We are now in Ozona, TX and Tuesday night we will be back on our original route and itinerary. Winds were lighter today, but still from the South, so I'm glad we altered our plans a bit. High clouds and a little cooler today, in the low 80's. I was able to rack up 104 miles today which was nice.In the course of about 5 days I've managed to ruin two tires. One to a blow out and one to a bad break. There is a bike shop in Kerrville, TX, I am hoping to get re-supplied there on Tuesday. Not many pictures  to send,  scenery isn't that impressive.For everyone at Costco in Kalispell, I would like to thank you for your contributions to C.M.N. I hope we can get the members involved soon and start to reach our goal of $10,000. As you ride through the vast landscape of west Texas it gives you time to think & reflect on many things. Know all you guys are doing so much for C.M.N. makes long days on the bike a lot easier and certainly more rewarding. My heartfelt thanks. Junction TX. or bust tomorrow.

Mike

2 comments:

  1. Good Morning Mik & Vargie,
    Mike,You are doing so good.104 miles!! That is awesome!!
    We had acouple of nice days here..Don did ride his motorcycle to work,But he was wearing a ski suit.It was only 33*yesterday morning..Burrrr! Way to cold for me to ride..But it did get almost 50* later on..People were on bikes & motorcycles everywhere.80* sure sounds nice,You must have a pretty nice tan by now..
    I look forward to your next blog..
    Keep on rolling down highway..Barbie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane From San DiegoMarch 14, 2011 at 6:39 AM

    You'll be going through the Texas Hill Country. That's what the other bikers were talking about. A challenge for you, but it's very pretty.
    You should start seeing some Spring flowers.
    This is where the terrain changes from desert to a bit more green.

    ReplyDelete