Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Chapter 18

We lit out of Ozona about 9:00 am this morning, and you guessed it straight into the teeth of some headwinds:-((( maybe the look on my face says it all. First I cursed at them, then I prayed they would go away, and then I cursed some more. When I finally got over my small tantrum and just accepted the fact that there was nothing I could do then I was alright. Only went about 80 miles today and I'm so glad we stopped in Comfort , TX. Vargie peeled off the route and went into Kerrville, TX  and got me some new tires and tubes. When we got in tonight, I put on my new tires, so I guess you could say I " Re-Tired in Comfort" !  We met some kids from Australia who were also cycling and they left San Diego about 10-12 days before we did. They are riding the same route we are, but are headed north to Austin for a few days to spend time with some friends. We asked them to join us for dinner and they were happy to accept. Nice to chat with them. Extremely nice kids, may god bless them and may they have an unforgettable trip. We are in the hills of TX now and just slightly west of and mostly north of San Antonio. I haven't done the math, but I think we are at least half way through TX now. More water and vegetation in this area- nice to see a little more green off the side of the road. Headed for Wimberley , TX in the morning
Ge good out there because the "The Eyes of Texas are upon You"
Mike

3 comments:

  1. Mike..you are my hero! I would have been doing "daddy, make the bad man stop" whining before I got out of California!

    There's a great folk music festival every year in Kerrville. Lots of excellent live music in Austin. Maybe some day...
    Joe Fisher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike..I'm so sorry you have to deal with that #@$% wind.
    You are truly amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!Barbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Mike and Vargie -

    We have to agree with Barbie Sand! Oh stop it Mike !!!!! Your blogs are never boring!!! As soon as the sun goes down I'm on Karen's back and she gets on her computer! We just ate, I'm headed for my nest, and waiting for Karen to toss me your latest news!

    Go Man!!! Lots of folks are pushing for your success!!!

    Paul and Karen

    ReplyDelete