Monday, March 21, 2011

Chapter 23

As I write this blog this evening, I'm sitting about a half mile west of Deweyville, TX, which is on the line for the Louisiana border.( just could not bring myself to go the extra half mile to get out of TX...."-)))) Getting across TX has been both challenging and rewarding. Nothing worthwhile in life comes easy and riding through TX. is a fine example of that statement. Deweyville is on hwy 12 just north and east of Beaumont, TX. With an early start and a cooler more overcast day I was able to make up some miles that I lost yesterday. We are in the land of hardwood threes now, they are starting to bud, but no blossoms yet. Starting to see more marshes & swampy areas, which I'm sure will be the case for quit some time now. As you may have noticed, I have  small black pack on the handlebars of the bike and when I'm not wearing the jersey everyone signed that is where it is at, every mile of the journey. Nice to have everyone blocking a little of the wind along the way. Starting to notice more and more humidity each day. Takes some getting used to  Eunice, on hwy 190, as always winds permitting. Looking forward to some cajun cuisine and hot sauce!!!!!! Hope everyone is peaceful and well. From thew lone star state---one last time.  :-))))))))) Nighty night
MIke

3 comments:

  1. GOOD BYE TEXAS!! HELLO SWAMPS!!! One good thing I don't think there are any passes ahead of you. All smooth sailing flatland:) Good news it snowed all day during my shift. OK NOT GOOD NEWS. Just trying to be positive for you. Laurie has done a SUPER job of tracking your journey with pics and blogs for everyonr to see. Give Vargie a hug for us for taking such good care of you for us. She truely is a hero also. Love you guys Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Mike, you're fighting the winds and we're fighting the SNOW! What is this? I am SOOOO ready for Spring!
    I really loved your joke about Cut & Shoot as nicknames for Managers! Your fun outlook on life keeps me smiling! Thanks :-)
    Off to cook dinner. Hugs to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mike & Vargie,
    The end of Texas at long last..Yea baby!!
    I'll bet you are ready for some new scenery.So are we..Maybe some sunshine & flowers would be nice..Say,What do you think of that moon we've been having?? It's very close to the Earth right now..
    Thanks for keeping us close to you..As you are both very close to my heart..
    Love ya!!Barbie

    ReplyDelete