Monday, March 28, 2011

chapter 31

As I peddled out of Chipley this morning the clouds were quite low and visibility was pretty bad until about 8:00, so we did indeed eat at the Waffle House. No sign of Kevin Costner or Renee Russo though. Another warm and humid day in the low 80's and light spotty rainfall which looks like the forecast for the next couple of days. Still very nice highway and shoulders. I spoke to an individual going solo from St. Augustine, but he was not going any further west than Yuma, AZ. The winds were very light today, so riding conditions were pretty favorable. About 11:40 am we crossed into the eastern time zone. At one time we were directly south of the Alabama - Georgia border. Got some boiled peanuts from road vendor- pretty good- we have never eaten them boiled before. We are in Midway, Fl tonight about 8 miles east of Tallahassee. We plan to keep going east on hwy 90 tomorrow to a community named Madison. We are both getting pretty anxious to see the Atlantic ocean and fulfill our journey. Each day now, I struggle a little harder doing the miles that weren't so difficult even a couple of weeks ago. I'm  thankful the terrain is fairly level and elevation is minimal. Haven't done many pictures as the scenery is much like it has been since we left the Gulf of Mexico.
My Tallahassee lassy and I wish you a good evening.
Mike

3 comments:

  1. You got this Mike! Man come back to Montana to rest up. Then it's hiking season. Your legs will be jogging while mine will be screaming. We are all fine here. You know me work, work, work:) ok, since you do know me thats maybe not quite true. More like I show up, show up, show up. It's the thought I guess. See you soon Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike, I know Your going to make this!! No doubt in my mind..You are the MAN!!
    Look forward to seeing you very soon.Barbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. One word "Ibuprofan" Welcome to Florida.

    Annie in the FL Keys

    ReplyDelete