Sunday, March 27, 2011

Chapter 30

This is a picture of the little lake inside the state park we are staying at tonight. It's called Falling Waters state park. They brag about the water falls and that it is the tallest water falls in the state of Florida. Ok, well there was only a trickle of water going over it and was 73 ft high. The state park has the highest mountains in the state at 300 '. The lake was pretty and peaceful and beats the sounds of cars, trucks and sirens going off in the middle of the night. Hoping to get a good night sleep and up early before all the traffic for Monday morning starts.
Got an early start, just after 7:00 am this morning from Milton, FL. Hwy 90 so far has been fantastic to ride on, smooth asphalt, wide shoulders and bike lanes through most of the communities. I never got rained on today, but some spotty showers ahead of me this morning left some wet pavement to ride on. It was 73 when I started  and this afternoon it was 85 when I rode into Chipley, FL. We are staying in a state park tonight just south of Chipley. We are starting to "reel in" Tallahassee. Probably about 90 miles east of here and St. Augustine is now slightly under 400 miles. If the weather holds, and these old legs of mine can keep turning the cranks, we should be in St. Augustine on Friday April 1st - April Fools Day-how fitting!!!!! I 'm pretty tired tonight so I will keep this one short. Please join me in saying prayers for 'Boo' and the rest of the children, and as always you guys are in my thoughts and prayers also. We have probably ridden by 100 or so Waffle Houses the last several day. Might have to pop into one for breakfast tomorrow. Each time I see one I think of the movie 'Tin Cup' with Kevin Costner. I must be tired , I'm " Rambling"
Good night
Mike

3 comments:

  1. I'm keeping this short..I just got home from work & I'm very tired myself..Just letting you know i'm still with you..My prayers for little Boo & you!
    Have a good night:} Barbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Cutie, Well you're making very good time. Getting to St.Augustine on April 1st would be exciting. Thats my birthday! REALLY! Boo and his pals are in my prayers every day! As are you and your Fantastic bride:)See you soon! Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy you are in Florida!! What an amazing journey you have taken on!! Be safe - keeping you and Vargie in our prayers - and Boo too!!!

    Jill and Don

    ReplyDelete