Saturday, March 19, 2011

Chapter 22

Got an early start this morning out of Navasota. It was a cool morning, but we're still experiencing head winds. Still riding through nice ranch country, but starting to see a few magnolia trees amongst the pines. Went by lake Conroe on our way to Cleveland ( no not Ohio).it was Saturday, the lake was really busy. Close to Cleveland there is a community called Cut & Shoot. Sounds like great nicknames for two of our managers on the merchandise crew at Costco. I'll let your imagination fill in the blanks. I wasn't able to get quite as far as I had hoped today-who knows, I may be eligible for medicare by the time I get to Louisiana.  I can't tell you how nice it is to hear responses to the blog. They remind me of letters from home when I was in Viet Nam. Please keep em' coming-they are good for my soul and even better for tiring legs. My wife is still spoiling me and I am forever in her debt for her devotion to my dream. When I first started riding in California it was exciting and now that I've been on the road for three weeks it feels more spiritual, especially while riding on quiet stretches , when all you hear are the breezes and your tires rolling along the pavement. gives you time to reflect on family & friends, both past and present. I'm so thankful to have them.
Sweet dreams, Buckaroos
Mike

8 comments:

  1. Looks like you're losing weight. You need some biscuits and gravy.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to read your blog again tonite. Hard for me to imagine the sound of the wind and tires on the pavement. All I hear is the roar of the crowd from wathing the basketball games on t.v. as I pedal my stationary bike. My reflections tend to lean towards "what the he__ was I thinking when I picked that team". Am well out of it after today. Will now concentrate on you and Vargies great achievements. Hope you get out of Texas Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mike,
    Thats a great photo of you! I sure look forward to reading your blogs every day..It's like the next chapter in a great book of an adventure..Only I realy know the hero in the story.
    Morgen asked me to say goodby to you for him...Yes he left us:(..Yesterday was his last day.. He is off on his own adventure..He is going to be doing mission work for the next two years and is headed to Missoula for a few months then to wherever they need him..What a great kid!!
    Well I better get to work..
    Barbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mike
    I'm just your typical lurker who reads your blog every day. So proud of your accomplishment. Stay strong and keep writing. We all enjoy your journey.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mike,

    I just got caught up on your blogs! You are amazing!!! So happy to hear all about your journey and to see the pictures you post along your way!!! A huge accomplishment! Stay strong!

    Jill & Don

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey CUTIE I used to live in Conroe Tx. Key words were, use to:) It was a dry county when I was there. Yes NO BOOZE! I know STUPID. Oh stay away from the lake I released my pet alligator in it:) REALLY!!! Happy first day of spring. Hang in there Captian. Kris

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mike, Happy first day of spring. Having a lot of fun watching your progress. Keep on a pedaling and you may just get out of Texas one day. Stay safe and healthy.
    Bobbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. have not heard from you. You must have went to church

    Paul

    ReplyDelete