Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Chapter 33

Courthouse in Monticello, Fl that we drove through.
We got up early this morning and Vargie dropped me off about 40 miles west of Madison so I could catch up the ride that I missed due to weather yesterday. I got started about 7 am and by 7:30 we were already getting rain. ajpparently just west of us they have a tornado watch that is supposed to hit us later this morning. Riding in the rain is pretty much just plain miserable . I just keep my head down and keep turning the cranks. By about 11 am I was riding into Madison and the rain was really steady now. I talked to Vargie and we decided to keep going east as long as we possibly could. About 20 miles east of Madison she pulled into the Swannee River State Park and set us up with a space. She must have ESP,  as I rode up the rain was bouncing off the pavement and we had a lot of thunder and lighting. I was already drenched and Vargie got the same way getting the trailer backed into our designated spot. So glad to have the trailer-a tent would be almost impossible to stay dry in with the hard rain we are getting. As for tomorrow, we will have to see what the weather allows us. I took a shower in Madison last night, but apparently mother nature decide that wasn't  good enough. Not sure what it is about Live Oaks, as when we stayed in Live Oaks Springs in CA. we got snow, now we are in Live Oaks in Florida and they call for a tornado. The rain is coming down so hard that in the trailer it is hard to talk to each other without yelling. We are close now to St Augusitne.
A soggy so long from Swannee River country,
Mike
A

5 comments:

  1. Sorry you got drenched again. Yes you are getting very close to the end of your ride. Looks like about 3 more days with a little cooperation of the rain gods. It is rainy and windy here today also. We have had rain about every day for what seems like weeks. Will pray for sunshine for the rest of your journey. Keep on crankin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The end is in sight Mike...welcome to my old stomping grounds, rain included! I'm so very inspired by your journey...thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mike,
    I'm impressed.I could not ride in rain like that.I hope you had soap with you..Your almost there!! "AMAZING!!"
    Gods speed..Barbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. mike you are the best, hope you have a better ride the rest of the way. you have accomplished more than 99.9% of the people have ever done. keep up the good work. god bless john c

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Mike, Now you know why they invented soap on a rope. That way you can wash and ride safely with it around your neck. Sorry about the Dough Boy:( I will knead time to get thru the loss. But I will be ok dough. Love ya Kris

    ReplyDelete