Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Chapter 25



If you read none of my other chapters on this blog site Please I beg of you !!!! read this one. Today has been one of the most incredible days of my entire 62 years. I started out this morning from Eunice, LA. not knowing what a day it would be. I left camp about 7:45 AM and Vargie went back into Eunice and did some much needed grocery shopping. I had fairly favorable winds and by the time she left Eunice, I was about 3 miles West of Opelousas. As I was riding thru town a car on my left ran a stop sign, and after veering right and having to ride in front of them, then jump a sidewalk and ride thru a ditch on the other side, all the while turning the air blue at the top of my lungs, as my life passed in front of me. By some miracle I avoided the collision and did not even go down as a result of my abrupt detour. I stopped , collected myself, checked out the bike, and then rode to a pre-arranged meeting spot with Vargie. While I was waiting for her to show up, I was questioning the validity of this ride, while checking my cycling shorts for any signs of soiling. By the time she showed up, I had decided to keep going, I am not sure why. I just had this feeling it was going to be ok. We decided to rendezvous again in Krotz Springs, LA about 15 miles East. Vargie went on ahead of me, she was waiting at a truck stop, and as I pulled up she started to cry. I though we had bad news about family or one of the dogs. As she was waiting for me a trucker pulled up along side her, and so she asked if she was in his way. They spoke for a while and she told him about the ride I was doing and that it was for C.M.N.. Immediately he stopped her and asked if he could show her some pictures of his son Boo. This young boy has been in the New Orleans Children's Network Hospital for over 500 days now, the victim of H1N1  swine flu. He had pictures of his son before contracting this disease and pictures in the hospital showing the progression of his long stay so far. I only wish I could have meet this man. His name is Robert MaddoxIV
He, his wife and family are the epitomy of the term FAITH!!!!!!!
I beg of you to go to this site on YouTube. 
also watch this one

Please say no more prayers for me. This ride was personal and spiritual for me in the beginning because of my cousin Stephan , and now it's both personal and spiritual on STERIODS!!!!!  This is no longer about me trying to cycle to St Augustine FL. This is about making it possible for kids like Robert Maddox V (Boo) to be able to just ride a bike up and down this own block. I will get to Florida if I have to crawl there with my bike strapped to my back. After reading this please hit your knees and say a special prayer for Boo.
Love Mike


8 comments:

  1. O.M.G.!! What a precious & courageous little boy..
    Dear God I pray that you continue to give little Boo the strength to fight this H1N1 untill he is fully recovered..I also want to thank you for putting Mike out there to fight for for all the children like little Boo..Thank you Lord,In Jesus name Amen!
    Barbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mike! Thank you for sharing Boo's story. What an incredible little guy and family. I haven't checked your blog for several days now, so what an incredible story to open tonight. Keep safe!
    Love, Loree

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mike,

    Thank you for your most incredible post. We will be praying for Boo, and we will also keep our prayers for you and a safe journey ahead. Thank you for your ride and for sharing your story about your trip.

    Love and hugs, Jill & Don

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG Mike you and Boo have brought me to tears! You are BOTH Gods gift to us. Thank you so much for sharing this with us. I believe Boo will be better soon with all the extra prayers he is now receiving! Love you and GOD BLESS you! Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mike,

    The whole Williams clan is so proud of you and all that you are doing to help kids. You are an inspiration, keep up the hard work. You are incredible.

    Chelsie Watts (Williams)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't been able to check your blog in a few days, so I was catching up tonight. This blew my socks off!!! This wasn't a chance meeting with Boo's dad. God is with you every mile....and he's watching over Boo.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do not believe in coincidence. I believe we are where we are supposed to be every minute of the day ~ by God's Grace and Love.
    I think God brought Boo into yours and Vargie's life just when you needed a boost in motivation.
    Ride on, Mike. For all the Boo's out there!
    We are so very proud of you and Vargie for doing such an extraordinary thing. You guys, along with Boo and all the other littles, are in our prayers!!
    God's love and ours,
    Tim and Steph

    ReplyDelete